RIO AMATEUR FLY FISHING FILM AWARDS
The RIO “Amateur Fly Fishing Film Awards” is an opportunity for amateur fly fishing film makers to showcase this wonderful sport by entering a short film into this online film competition. Your submission could be a short story, a documentary, a collection of awesome shots, or even a clip from your cellphone that you feel deserves to be seen. Let your creativity be your guide! The rules are quite simple - make a 3-minute or less fly fishing film, and enter your film to be judged by the RIO panel, and by like-minded fly fishing enthusiasts on a variety of social media outlets.
ENTRY RECOMMENDATION: Voting is open for a calendar month, so any film entered towards the end of a month, will only get a few days of voting. We recommend entering a film as early in a calendar month as possible.
- Opening date for entries and submissions: October 1st, 2017
- Closing date for entries and submissions: March 31st, 2018.
- Closing date for March entries voting: April 7th, 2018.
- 3rd place voting: Week of April 10th, 2018.
- 2nd place voting: Week of April 17th, 2018.
- Top 8 Finalists announced, and final voting opens: April 24th, 2018
- Voting closes: April 30th, 2018
- Winners Announced: May 8th, 2018.
- Idaho Falls Fishing Trip: 1st week of August, 2018 (TBC)
"Tenkara Kid" - 2017 Grand Winner
The grand winner of the inaugural RIO Amateur Fly Fishing Film Awards was Mark Steudel, with his wonderful "Tenkara Kid". Check it out here.